Tuesday, August 12, 2003

What I remember...

becomes a smaller folder in my brain every day. Important things fall right out of my ears every time I bend over to pick up a toy, or wipe syrup off the floor, ick. I remember a lot, but so much is gone. I have to look back at the pictures to remember how special each of my babies was, how different from his or her siblings. I look at pictures of me, with the hubster, and remember when sex was fun, and carefree, and not a quickie on Sunday afternoon while the kids watch a movie. I look at photos and remember how carefree life used to be, when I was 16 and had no idea!

But I know what my babies weighed when they were born. I remember their birthdays, but I do forget mine. I remember the letter my motehr wrote to me in college. It was only 3 sentences, but it is etched in my brain. I remember hurtful things, and times of great joy.

I try to be thankful for the blessings, every day, because I never know if I will remember them tomorrow.

No comments: