Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I hate those days. You know the ones. Nothing seems to go right. A glass canister of flour, full of flour, crashes to the ground. Collateral damage includes a glass container of cinnamon and 3 eggs. Lots of glass and lots of flour. I kept my cool, moved the kid to safety. I calmly explained that this is part of why we don't put extra stuff on the counter. The flour fell because we were dodging the bananas that the child INSISTED be on the island, even though they really were fine where they were before. Said child is now in said child's room pouting and not helping anymore. Two others are now wandering in the kitchen making extraneous noise. Two little boys are asleep now, praise heaven!

Days like this, I want to go enroll the two homeschoolers in school. I want to put the three year old and two year old in mother's day out 3 or 5 days a week. I think of all I could get done! My pantry would be stocked. My dinners would be gourmet 3 days a week. My laundry would be done! My house could be clean.

But my house would be empty. So would my heart. I wouldn't see my children. I'd get them tired, angry, and grumpy at the end of the day. I am blessed to have the OPTION to stay home with my amazing children. So many can't stay home. So many won't stay home. So many can't or don't have the children.

Off to read a book, and cajole the pouting child out to finish making banana bread for church friends. Service, service, service. God has blessed me so richly, I shall praise His name forever and ever.

No comments: