Friday, February 27, 2009

As you will recall, we went to bed around 11pm on Wednesday night. Around 11:45, Joseph woke up for a snack. This isn't a big deal. I go into his room, climb into the guest room bed, and nurse him back to sleep. I give him a big snuggle and then tuck him back into his bed. 99% of the time, this keeps him happy for at least 3 hours, at night, usually much more. At 12:45, more Joseph. I became delusional sometime in the middle of the night.



Suffice it to say that between 11pm and 4am I was up 7 times. I fed a baby, burped a baby, loved a baby. Then Isaac started. I took him to pee twice. He got up again, playing his favorite game,"I hurt my...." For a few weeks it was his finger. It recently became his foot. He was up four times.



Nathan's alarm goes off at 4:30. He very graciously got the baby when Jospeh woke. Nathan pacified him until around 7:15 so I could get a little sleep, phew. I nursed Joseph and put him down for a nap.



Sometime in those 3 hours of sleep, the hamster reappeared! Nathan walked into our TV room where Celeste and Lydia were up watching a cartoon. Nathan needed the girls to hold Joseph so Daddy could shower before work. As he walked into the family room, Fluffy ran past him and behind a BIG dresser in our family room. Great amounts of teamwork, that did NOT involve me, rescued Fluffy. She is now safe in her cage. I got plenty of sleep last night, and all is right with the world, again, for at least five minutes until someone hits or pushes or looks at someone else.

No comments: