Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Stuff

I love a good deal. So when I found clearance Ralph Lauren on sale an additional 40% off, I was HAPPY! So I got 2 outfits for picky Celeste, an outfit for Lydia, a shirt for William, and a cute skirt for my teeny tiny sister who is 27 but can wear a sizxe 12 children's skirt. I just pulled it all out to wrap for Crhistmas, and one of the shirts is missing. so I called the store. The nice lady said she would pull ALL the shirts in a size 6 or 6x and hold them for me until I could get there this afternoon. I love customer service!

Stuff I remember.

Celeste weighed 8pounds 12 ounces when she was born. Her head was 14.5 inches. I had LOTS of drugs with her labor. I went natural for 14 hours, then had a contraction that lasted over 10 minutes. I got some drugs, then an epidural. Then some pitocin, and finally, a baby girl. She had a TON of hair. She got a chin length bob haircut at 8 months old. Really. She started signing when she was 4 months old. She started talking at 10 months. She hasn't shut up since then.

Lydia was a quick baby. My water broke at 9pm with a big POP! We got to the hospital at 9:30. I was 2cm dilated. They admitted me at 11:30 when I was 2.5 cm dilated. Lydia ws born at 2:02am. She went fast. I pushed for only abou t20 minutes. She weighed 8pounds 8ounces. Her head was 13.75 inches. I learned that three-quarters of an inch is a LOT more than you might think. Lydia had a lovely thatch of dark black hair when born. She had a sense of humore from birth. She wouldn't smile unless it was actually funny. No silly faces, or stupid grandparents blowing raspberries. She laughed at jokes though. weird, still is, but I love her!

William was a longer labor, but I never pushed. I just waited for someone to show up and catch him. He was a one handed delivery as he just wouldn't wait. He weighed in at 9 pounds 2 ounces. Not too shabby. We never thought we would have a boy. I have 2 sisters and Nathan has 2 sisters. We were surprised at the ultrasound when Pat said it was a boy. He was a lovey cuddly snuggly baby from birth. And a voracious eater. He gianed 2 pounds in the 6 days between hospital discharge and his first pediatrician visit.

Samuel was different than I expected. I pushed for over 2 hours with him. My labor was weird, very different from all the others. He was born at home, and I am so glad. It was atough delivery, but itwould have been much worse at a hospital. He weighed in at a slender 10 pounds 2 ounces. He was very quiet when he was born, He just looked around and took us all in. He didn't cry until 3 am the first night he was alive. It was quiet. We were all asleep. And a PIERCING scream erupted in the darkness. Nathan and I both sat bolt upright. We turned on the light, and there was our darling baby squealing. He sounded like a pteradactyl. Just a little magic mama milka nd he calmed right down, but eh scared the poop out of both of us.



And now, it is December. That big little baby is almost 8 months old. He has been sitting up since 4 months old. He's crawling and cruising and loves to explore. And he has a terrible cold right now. Poor thing gets his nose sucked out every time he wakes up. I've been putting breastmilk up his nose to kill germs, and in his goopy eye, and pretty much on anything that looks icky. Poor baby. Off to hug him some more. All too soon he will be too big for my lap and will push me away when I try to kiss him. But not yet!

No comments: