Wednesday, October 17, 2007

This is Sandi's post from her blog yesterday. Jack is supposed to be being recasted today, but I don't know if it actually happened or not. I will update when I know more. Please pray for this family.


Numb

After rushing up to Chicago, we met the resident at the hospital in the cast room. He cut off Jack's cast after several terrifying (to Jack) attempts with the saw. He screamed for over a half hour between the cast removal and the x-rays they insisted on.

The measurements are terrible. The day he was casted, the worst he has been, was 64° (official measurement). Today, after more than 9 weeks in the cast, the curve is 70° - it has gotten worse, based on today's measurements, after all we've gone through - all the tears - all the frustration and risks and misery.

It's late and we have an early operating room time, so I need to get off the computer and get to bed in this hotel room, but tonight I don't know what the future holds at all.

No comments: