Thursday, September 06, 2007



Wherein I become a terrible mother.

This was the first day of school for Samuel. He is only 2. I have never sent one of my children to preschool this young. Celeste was 4 before I sent her to school, and Lydia and William were 3. However, all 3 big kids are in school all day, and Samuel gets bored and lonely. It is for 2 days a week: Tuesday and Thursday.

I walked him in on Tuesday. He was a little ambivalent. I sat with him and we read a couple of books. I waited until he was engrossed in a book and snuck out. He was fine. I checked in on him later to make sure he was ok in class, and he was having fun. When I picked him up, he smiled, hugged me, and told me all about his day.

This morning, we got up and dressed for school. I packed his lunch. We put on shoes and got our backpack. Then we left home. Everything was fine! Then, we pulled into the parking lot.

"I don't want to go here," he says.

"You love school. It will be so much fun," says the mommy.

LEt's just say, it didn't go well. I decided to drop him in the carpool line because I knew if I walked in with him, I would never leave. So I left him.
crying
upset
sad

I left him. I did call the school to make sure he was ok. He is fine. He is playing with friends. I will pick him up at 12:45 and he will tell me how much fun it was.

Next Tuesday, I hope it goes better. I don't like the crying!

No comments: