Sunday, December 09, 2007

Just in case you didn't know, I am a mama of many talents. On a daily basis, I wrangle small children, break up fist fights, curtail temper tantrums, and often throw a temper tantrum of my own. However, when I get a few minutes of quiet and an empty lap, I like to knit! These are a couple of things I've finished this winter, with winter being a relative term as it is 78 degrees outside!

First up is a Hudson Hat. This a GREAT new pattern by my friend Lindsay at Ky Baby Knits. There is a really cool way for me to make her store's name into a hyperlink, however, my talents listed above do NOT include being computer saavy. Instead, you get a boring link. The pattern is designed to be knit with your leftover yarns. I just finished a grown up sized one. I'll post pictures of it later! Oh yeah, link to the Hudson Hat pattern! http://hyenacart.com/KyBabyKnits/







































Next up, a wool sweater! I know that we live in Alabama, but there are occasionally days where it is cold enough to wear wool, but only a very few days. This is knit in the "Snips and Snails" colorway of BFL yarn from my friend Marina at Stitches Under the Sun. She is closing up shop, so no link for her stuff. Pattern is by Ann Norling. If you want to find it, it is a top down raglan, #53.
























Now, a super cute photo! This is Samuel and his friend Charley, formerly known as Chase. Samuel is one day older than Charley, and they are true friends. I look forward to watching them grow up together!

2 comments:

Stephanie C. said...

Wow, I didn't know you knit(ted?)!
The hat is darling and the sweater is really amazing; such talent you've got!!

Amy said...

so sweet!!! I love your knitting. Aren't the boys sweet?? Precious!